Thumble is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is here to make S.T.E.M. learning opportunities more available to curious minds in the Detroit Metro. We offer free public workshops via our mobile makerspace (we bring everything to you!), a learning-technology lending library, and have big dreams for the future.
We want to foster a community of knowledge-sharing, and share what we have with our community. Thumble’s goal is to put our resources within reach of every school in the Detroit Public School system, and beyond. We can introduce S.T.E.M. subjects in a fun and inspiring way that was designed especially for children, and help them discover the science in everything. Educators can share their classroom tips (and more) with each other, and children will be able to share experiences with students at other schools.
We will go where the students need us. We have worked with local children’s hospitals, children’s centers, public libraries, non-profit organizations that serve children, and we want to work with you!
Why we do what we do:
- We have an active interest in the future of our children and the local economy.
- We want to create a way for anyone in the community to give back to the community.
- We want to make S.T.E.M. fun (that’s the best way to learn!), and appealing to every learner.
- Working together with people, educators, and other organizations, we can make a huge impact on the quality of education in Detroit.
- We want to create a pool of resources for all – regardless of ethnicity, gender, income, sexuality, or any other factor.